Effective: September 7, 2017 Last Updated: September 22, 2020
WASH Multifamily Laundry Systems, LLC (“WASH,” “we,” or “us”) is strongly committed to protecting your privacy. We are dedicated to providing a safe online experience while offering the highest quality user experience.
If you are a California resident, please review our CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE below.
If you are a Nevada resident, please review our NEVADA PRIVACY NOTICE below.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We collect information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Identifying Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
- Account Information. If you create an account with us, we may collect your account log-in or name and your password.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and information posted on your page.
- Employment Information. If you apply for a job through our Platform, we collect the information you include in your application. For example, this may include the name and address of your employer and your employment history.
- Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” page, or similar features on our Platform. We may also collect information when you enter a promotion. This may include photos, videos and other user-generated content that you submit.
- Commercial Information. We may collect personal information that could identify you and relates to the products or services in which you are interested, or have considered or purchased. We may also collect information about your laundry usage, history or tendencies.
- Demographic Information. We may collect your birthdate, age, gender and zip code. We may also collect information that could identify you and relates to your hobbies, interests and shopping behavior.
- Audio, electronic and visual information. For example, if you contact us by telephone, we may record a call if permitted by law. We may also collect pictures if they are submitted to us, including in electronic format.
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Platform. This may include the type of browser you use, access times, and pages viewed. It may also include your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Platform.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Platform. This may include the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: For example, we may collect precise location information from your device. We may collect information about the location of your device when running our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. We may also collect this information in the background when our mobile applications are not in use. For more details, please see our About Our Ads policy.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We collect your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
- Information You Volunteer. For example, we collect information directly from you when you:
- Create an account with us;
- Participate in interactive features of the Platform;
- Fill out a form;
- Make purchases or request information about products, support or training; or
- Otherwise communicate with us.
- Information Collected Automatically. For example, when you access or use our Platform, we automatically collect information when you:
- Install and use our mobile apps.
- Visit and navigate our Platform on any device.
- Enable location-based features on our Platform.
- From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks, analytics vendors, and companies that co-sponsor our promotions.
- Social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat and Instagram.
- Third-party sites, including those that allow you to integrate your third-party account with your WASH account.
- Family, friends and others who provide your information to us because they think you may be interested in our products and services or they want to share a product or service with you.
- Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you, including data aggregators. Certain third parties might link your name or email address to other information they have collected. That might include past purchases made offline or online. It might also include online usage information.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform.
- Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
- Combine information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION?
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Platform;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and rewards. This may include sending you push notifications on our mobile applications or sending you emails;
- Provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Platform;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of WASH and others;
- Personalize and improve the Platform;
- Provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose as permitted by law or as described to you at the time the information was collected.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may share information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Policy:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With third parties, such as business partners, for purposes including their own services and marketing purposes. These third parties may use your information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising.;
- In response to a request for information or to exercise another legal right if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of WASH or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among WASH and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We believe that choice in how and when you are contacted is key to customer satisfaction. Therefore, we offer several ways for you to update your contact information and/or change your preferences.
- You may unsubscribe to any of our e-mail marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in the body of any e-mail message. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us. This includes messages about your account and responses to your inquiries.
- You may write to us and update your contact information at 2200 W 195th Street, Torrance, CA 90501
- You may also contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly. You may still receive promotional e-mails from us for up to 10 days. You may also continue to receive information from those third parties to whom your information was previously disclosed.
Mobile Application and Location Based Services:
- If you have previously opted into our collection and use of location-based information through our mobile applications, you may opt out by adjusting the settings on your mobile device.
- You may completely opt-out of all location-based information collection by WASH if you uninstall all WASH mobile apps from your devices.
- You may unsubscribe from receiving push notifications on our mobile applications through your device’s settings.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies
For information on our use of tracking technologies, and your ability to control these technologies, or to read our “Do Not Track” policy, please visit our About Our Ads policy.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. WASH takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. A user id and a password are needed to access certain areas of the Platform. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
None of the information on the Platform is intended for the use of children under 16, and WASH does not knowingly register any person or accept information from any person under the age of 16. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 16 has provided us with information, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy on-line here.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
CHANGES IN CORPORATE STRUCTURE
In developing our business, we may engage in the sale of certain assets and the company itself, or parts of it, may be sold, merged or otherwise transferred. In such transactions and changes in ownership, user information, whether personally identifiable or otherwise, may constitute one of the transferred assets. WASH will notify affected users in accordance with the procedure for changing this Policy described below.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
Please note that, to the extent permitted under CCPA, this California Privacy Notice does not apply to the personal information of California residents that we collect from our workforce members for employment-related purposes or in the course of certain business-to-business transactions.
We are required under CCPA to tell you which categories of “personal information” we collect, as this term is defined in CCPA.
We may disclose any of the above categories of personal information for “commercial purposes” or “business purposes” as these terms are defined in CCPA.
- We may collect California Personal Information as described in the HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION? section of this Policy.
- We may use the California Personal Information we collect as described in the WHAT DO WE DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION? section of this Policy.
- We may share California Personal Information we collect as described in the HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION? section of this Policy.
- California resident rights under CCPA. Subject to certain exclusions included in CCPA, and as relevant to our operations, California residents may exercise the rights listed below. We may take steps to verify your identity, as permitted or required under CCPA, before we process your request. Verification may include asking you to provide information about yourself that we can match against information already in our possession.
- This means that you can request that we disclose to you the categories pieces of personal information we have collected about you; the categories of sources from which such personal information is collected; the categories of personal information we have “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months. Note that as of the date of this Policy, we do not knowingly “sell” California Personal Information. This statement is based on our understanding of how the term “sell” is defined under CCPA.
- This means that you can request that we delete any personal information about you which we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out. CCPA provides a right to opt-out of the “sale” of personal information as that “sale” is defined in CCPA. If you would like to limit the cookies and other tracking tools used our on Platform, please visit our About Our Ads However, as of the date of this Policy, we do not knowingly “sell” California Personal Information. This statement is based on our understanding of how the term “sell” is defined under CCPA.
- Equal prices and services. This means that we are prohibited from discriminating against you if you exercise your rights under CCPA.
Agents that you have authorized to act on your behalf may also submit CCPA requests as instructed below. The agent must also provide evidence that they have your written permission to submit a request on your behalf. If we are unable to verify the authenticity of a request, we may ask you for more information or may deny the request.
California residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate you are a California resident making a “CCPA” request.
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information WASH shares with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties for direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: 2200 W 195th Street, Torrance, CA 90501. In your request, please indicate that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” request.” Please allow at least 30 days for a response.
NEVADA PRIVACY NOTICE
If you are a Nevada resident, under Privacy and Security of Personal Information Chapter of the Nevada Revised Statutes Section 603A (“603A”), you have the right to submit a verified request to us, directing us not to make any sale of certain personal information that we have collected or will collect about you. As of the date of this Policy, we do not knowingly engage in the “sale” of personal information of Nevada residents. This statement is based on our understanding of how the term “sale” is defined under 603A as of the date of this Policy. However, Nevada residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can email us at email@example.com. In your request, please specify that you are a Nevada resident making a “Nevada Opt-Out” request.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. This includes the third-party payment processor used in connection with the WASH mobile application. Any payment card information and related personal information you provide in connection with your use of the WASH mobile application is collected and processed by such third-party and not by WASH.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third-party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third-party sites.
We will occasionally update this Policy as necessary to protect our users and to comply with a changing environment. We recommend that you check the Policy when you visit our Platform to be sure that you are aware of and understand our current Policy. If we make material changes to this Policy, or in how we use or collect your personally identifiable information, we will prominently post such changes prior to implementing the change.
Or you can contact us by mail at:
WASH Multifamily Laundry Systems, LLC
Attn: General Counsel
2200 W 195th Street
Torrance, CA 90501